Jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X with TaiG. Those who use Mac OS X can also jailbreak their iOS 8.4 based iPhone, iPad or ipod Touch (5th Generation) using TaiG. Yes you read it right. TaiG can be used on on every Mac OS X users.
The process is quite simple and easy. But you will need to download and install an additional software namely Parallel Windows Desktop 10 for Mac. Remember a few months ago I shared a post regarding Windows 10 installation guides on Mac Computer.
It's because Microsoft had decided to give Mac users a chance to taste and enjoy of what they call a future of Microsoft's vision for PCs. Now it is useful to bring jailbreak utility brought by TaiG tool for you. And in this post I will guide you through the entire process to jailbreak iOS 8.4 for Mac OS X with TaiG.
- You need to download TaiG 2.2 for Mac (Download later after step 4 on the instructions below) [Update TaiG 2.3.0 version is now available to be downloaded, here is the link].
- Download iOS 8.4 Final IPSW (Download it later after step 4).
- Download latest iTunes version from Apple server (Apple.com/iTunes also download it later after step 4 on the instructions below).
- Make backups first.
- Do not skip any step included in the guides. Perform the jailbreak iOS 8.4 instructions here. And all the potential risks that could happen are yours to bear.
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4s.
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 1, iPad 4, iPad 3 and the iPad 2.
- iPod touch fifth-generation.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X with TaiG
- Now you need to download the Parallels Desktop 10 for your Mac from the software official website here. The software is offered with free trial and it delivers to you Windows 10 Insider Preview. We can use the Windows 10 Insider Preview on Mac OS X computer to run TaiG in order to jailbreak your iOS 8.4 based smart device.
- Install the Parallels Desktop 10, when it's done, open it then choose the ‘Windows 10 Insider Preview’ menu from the main window, then you can follow the on-screen instructions. The process will bring Windows 10 Insider Preview ‘virtually’ to Mac of yours. The process could take sometimes, of course the installation process length is fully depend on your internet connection speed and stability. Thus hopefully you are patient enough.
- When it's done, and the Windows 10 Insider Preview Virtual Machine runs on your Mac, just install iTunes on it (Apple.com/iTunes).
- Then plug your iOS device to USB cable to further connect it to your computer, then head to this post; jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG for Windows.
- When done. You will see your device take reboot to load the jailbreak files. When it's on, see your home screen now having a Cydia icon.