In the hope for iOS users to learn to love Apple Music, Apple has decided to made the service free for the first three month since the first installation. But after the free three months trial period ended up, we will be automatically charged $9.99 / month for the service.
And Apple has set an automatic renewal method that will be activated automatically in the fourth month of the service, in other words you are unintentionally registered as a premium subscriber for the the jukebox service. So to avoid a sudden charges for the service that comes with iOS 8.4 (Once your iOS version upgraded to version 8.4 you'll find an Apple Music icon) you need to turn off the subscription before everything is too late.
If you are here in one single purpose to turn off the automatic feature set by Apple that will apply right after your free three months period trial end using Apple Music app. Then follow the accurate steps below. Let's get into the compiled instructions below.
Turn off Apple Music automatic subscription renewal.
We can turn off directly from our iOS device and or from iTunes. This post will cover both ways at the same time. Let's do it.
How to turn off Apple Music automatic renewal on iOS
- Turn on your iOS device, then open Music app by tapping the app icon .
- When the app is opened, see the top left corner of your phone's screen, there is a profile icon (This is your account, just tap it).
- You will see your account's overview, just tap the View Apple ID.
- Now scroll down to find the Manage just inside the Subscription area. Tap that option.
- Find the Your Membership for Apple Music, then tap it.
- In here all the details regarding your Apple Music membership will be shown up, including the free-trial ends. So to turn it off just disable Automatic Renewal.
How to turn off automatic renewal for Apple Music on iTunes
- Launch iTunes from your computer.
- Then sign-in and fill your Apple ID in the provided form.
- Then click your name, then choose Account Info on the menu.
- Enter your password again.
- From account information.
- Scroll to find Settings area.
- To the right side of Subscription click Manage.
- On the Account Information screen;
- Scroll to the Settings section.
- To the right of Subscriptions, click Manage. If you have more than one subscription, then click Edit to the right of Your Membership (Apple Music Membership).
- To the right of Automatic Renewal, choose Off. And select Off again when you are asked for confirmation.