How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG for Windows. Well since we have been given with an update of the currently famous jailbreak tool namely TaiG, which is now version 2.2.0 and dedicated to jailbreak iOS 8.4 based devices. And Jailbreak Square blog has posted the download link for TaiG and its mirror on the previous posting.
Now I would like to share a complete instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG 2.2.0 so anyone who have upgraded to Apple's latest firmware (Version 8.4) can follow each step of the instructions and as the result you will have a jailbroken phone powered with iOS 8.4 firmware.
Remember that TaiG is currently supporting Windows based computer, thus you will need that Microsoft produced operating system and of course a USB cable to connect your iOS device to your computer. One more thing, it's recommended to firstly make necessary backups before doing what's written on this post.
- iPhone 6 Plus.
- iPhone 6.
- iPhone 5s.
- iPhone 5c.
- iPhone 5.
- iPhone 4s.
- iPad Air 2/1.
- iPad 4/3/2.
- iPad mini 3/2/1.
- iPod touch 5.
- Make backup first.
- Download and latest iTunes latest version from Apple/iTunes.
- A Windows based computer and a USB cable.
- Download TaiG 2.2.0 to your computer [Update TaiG 2.3.0 is available, download it from here].
- Download iOS 8.4 Final IPSW for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch of yours now guys.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG for Windows
- Restore your phone to iOS 8.4 firmware using iTunes. (Using the iOS 8.4 Final IPSW you previously downloaded to your PC).
- Now you need to deactivate the Find My iPhone app from your iOS device. To do so just go to Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone set it to Off. Then you must fill your Apple ID password on the provided form and confirm.
- You also need to deactivate Passcode and Touch ID unlock. To do so just go to Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode, tap the Turn Passcode Off menu.
- Now use your USB data cable to connect your iOS device to computer of yours, then open TaiG tool you previously downloaded.
- TaiG will then try to recognize your plugged iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad. When it has managed to recognized it, just press the Start button to begin the jailbreaking process. Wait up! Be sure the 3K Assistan box is unchecked before hitting the Start button.
- The process of jailbreaking your iOS 8.4 device will begin, when it's done, your device will be rebooting and when it's on and your Home screen shows up you will then see the awaited icon, yes you'll see Cydia icon there. That means you have successfully jailbreak your iOS 8.4 based iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Update. You can now jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X with TaiG. Follow the full instructions there.Now you can activate Find My iPhone and Touch ID / Passcode that you disabled earlier.