This post will try to guide you to downgrade iOS 9 Beta to iOS 8.4 firmware, as we already know that Apple has seeded the iOS 9 IPSW for developers this week. The firmware is of course not yet perfect, bugs and issues are expected to be found once it's fully installed, however some people have given it a try to find out what it's offering.
So if you are one of the testers and now wishing to bring your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch back to iOS 8.4 that's already in final version, then you can follow the full instructions from this post. And why would you want to do that? It's obvious since iOS 9 is still in Beta stage, so is'not yet worthy to be used as daily driver because it's likely containing bugs and issues and the final version release of it could take months.
And of course iOS 9 Beta is not jailbreakable yet, thus having this firmware running on your iPhone will leave you without a jailbreak utility, you don't want it, do you? If that is the case just follow the downgrading instructions from this post to bring iOS 8.4 firmware back and once again powering your beloved iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad device.
Files needed to perform the downgrading procedural.
- iOS 8.4 final firmware.
- iTunes 12.2.
Instructions to downgrade from iOS 9 Beta to iOS 8.4 firmware
- Now turn off Find My iPhone app via Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone.
- Then open iTunes followed with connecting your iOS device to your computer with the help of your USB cable.
- You need to get your device into the DFU mode, do so by pressing and holding Home / Touch ID + Power buttons simultaneously. After about ten seconds release Power button only while your fingers still pressing Home / Touch ID till a popup shows up telling you that iTunes has detected your device in the Recovery Mode.
- Now click the ‘Restore iPhone’ button while holding down the ‘Option’ key for Mac OS X users, if you use Windows just hold the ‘Shift’ key.
- When being prompted, just point iTunes to the iOS 8.4 firmware you've downloaded earlier in order to begin the downgrading process.
If the downgrading process done, you can further jailbreaking your iOS 8.4 firmware, follow the full instructions from the following pages.
- Jailbreak iOS 8.4 Using TaiG v2.4 On iPhone, iPad for Windows.
- How To Jailbreak iOS 8.4 With TaiG tool for Mac OS X.