This inconvenient issue has been reported a few days ago, and the fix of the said problem is fortunately found and can be performed to fix GPS issue on iOS 8.4 firmware. Since many users are currently experiencing this problem. Then I believe you are too since you are reading this post.
As we know not only a few apps now rely on GPS and Wifi signals, many other do too, especially those who are categorized as the community based traffic and navigation apps. By that fact, we do rely on GPS and Wifi integration to undergo our daily tasks using an iPhone, iPod Touch and also iPad.
Fix GPS Issue On iOS 8.4
1. You need to reset your Network Settings.
The action will reset your existing WiFi passwords and network as well. This fix is recommended in Apple Support forums. Many have tried this one and worked.
2. You can also turn off or on your Location Services.
- Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services. Then toggle the option to Off.
- Then reboot your smart device.
- Then back to Location Services again, toggle it to On.
- Now go back to Settings > Privacy > Location Services once again and toggle the switch ON.
The third fix I like to offer to you is the last attempt that I do hope fix the problem. First off backup everything using iTunes / iCloud. Then restore to the iOS 8.4 from iTunes. Now you need to wait patiently for the process to be done. All your backup will be brought back.
Why the GPS issue happens?
Nobody can tell for sure, however a speculation from users saying it has something to do with OTA update.
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.