In the realm of Apple Watch the app installation process must undergo the certain activity, pairing. Because you need to firstly pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone to install your chosen iOS apps. Without performing a pairing, there is no way your app will be installed on your Apple Watch. And thereof, learn how to pair it first, then thinking about to buy.
But not too worry because here I will try to guide you on how to pair Apple Watch to iPhone, and install the app afterward. The pairing process is pretty simple, however it uses technology to make it done. Requirement set by Apple to do so is iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, or 6 Plus running iOS 8. And that's funny, so how if a user doesn't have an iPhone, shouldn't he buy that handset too just to support the Apple Watch?
It takes a Wifi connection to connect between these two wearable devices, that means Bluetooth is not needed. And let's get into the instructions to pair your Apple Watch with iPhone to install apps of your choice. And remember the process is simple, and I share two methods at the same time for you to pick one that you think is easier.
First thing first you need to download Apple Watch app beforehand.
Steps to pair Apple Watch with iPhone
- Open Apple Watch app from your iPhone.
- Then click on Start Pairing from main screen of your iPhone.
- Hold the Apple Watch up to the camera to make the screen is in alignment with the yellow outlined box on your iPhone's screen. Then follow the instructions appear on screen.
This is the second method you can use if you dislike to use camera feature, the steps as follow.
- Again open Apple Watch app from your iPhone, then Start Pairing them.
- Then tap on "Pair Apple Watch Manually" appear on bottom of the camera screen.
- Now click on "i" icon from Apple Watch to reveal the name.
- Then choose the name from Apple Watch iPhone app via the list that show up on your iPhone's screen.
- Then follow the instructions on screen from Apple Watch app.
So far there is no Apple Watch native apps available, all the apps you will be installed on this gadget are the iPhone apps. It is because there is no developer yet developing third-party app for the said watch. Apple is reported to begin opening the door for third-party developers for making apps for it is later this year. Learrn more from Apple Watch developer program page.
Anyway once you managed pairing between your Apple Watch and iPhone, then you will have access to make configurations through the available Settings and modify the Apple Watch.