Yesterday my friend sent me an iPhone app as a gift directly to my device, I thanked me for his generosity and it was a great app mate and I managed to redeem the gift also! Well then, I thought it would be nice to share the how to guide on sending gift via iPhone in my blog.
Apple had opened the doors for their products users to not only buy apps for themselves but can also purchase digital contents for others they wish to be sent as gifts.
In this post I will try to share the steps to send the iTunes Gift you want your friend to have on their device from iTunes Store, iBooks Store1 and also App Store.
Therefore here I am writing the instructions to gift an iOS app via iPhone or iPad. Simply follow the steps below to do so.
How to purchase a gift app in App Store and send it to other iPhone or iPad
- Launch App store / iTunes store from your device, then find an app you would like to gift.
- Once you've found it then tap on the app, then tap the Share button placed on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now select the Gift option. Then login to iTunes store with your Apple ID (Don't have it? Create a free Apple ID from iPhone).
- Fill these forms: To, From, Subsject. You can also type a message to the gift you wish to send.
- Now select the time you'd like the gift to be sent, like Today or latter, can be found by scrolling down the screen.
- Now tap on the Next button.
- Select the theme of the gift you wish to send, then Next.
- Take a review to make sure everything is right, then hit the Buy Gift box!
- Then complete the purchase by clicking Buy!
Be sure before you proceed to sending a gift, your credit card is valid on file, or else you won't be able to buy a gift. Also if you enabled Family Sharing and Ask To Buy feature on your account, then you can buy a gift.
One more thing, you can send a gift to someone that lives outside your country, for exanoke only people live in Canada can send a gift to another one live in Canada. The gift can be canceled before two days before scheduled delivery.