After the tutorial Samsung Galaxy S5, I could not ignore the iPhone 6. Who is the best? With this tutorial, we will compare these two jewels of Apple and Samsung, the two largest competitors in the mobile world.
The iPhone comes with high-end features, but its most striking feature is probably the lack of a keyboard or a stylus. It offers them an extensive Retina touchscreen. The diagonal of the iPhone 6 is 4.7 inches or 12 cm, and its resolution is 1334 x 750 pixels, and the diagonal of the screen of the iPhone 6 Plus is 5.5 inches, or 14 cm, at a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
It turns out that this resolution is precisely that flat screens TVs HDTV . The density is 326 pixels per inch, extremely thin compared to the 72 dpi of a computer screen.
Another feature that amazed me is the gyroscope with three axes. An inclinometer detects the rotation of the camera when you rotate it to move from vision to vision height in width, and adjusts the display accordingly. A proximity sensor detects if the iPhone is close to your face, then turns off the display to save power and prevent inadvertent actions when touched by your cheek. A light sensor adjusts the screen brightness depending on the ambient lighting.
In this introduction, we briefly discuss some features of the iPhone, sorted by categories.
1) iPhone 6 phones and camera / camcorder
Regarding telephony, iPhone syncs with the contacts and calendar from your Mac or PC. It features a full virtual QWERTY keyboard with which the entry is easier. It takes a little getting used to, but then typing is much faster than with the key pad of a mobile phone.
The eight-megapixel camera comes with a pretty decent file management software. Take and organize photos and is a real pleasure, which is not the case with other phones. In addition, photos and videos can be automatically synchronized with the Photo Library Mac or PC.
Visual voicemail displays a list of messages and allows you to choose what you want to listen to or delete, without having to do so in the prescribed order, which is extremely convenient.
If the person you are calling is also equipped with an iPhone 4 or later , a Mac, a 4th generation iPod Touch or later, or iPad 2 or later, each of you can see the another on the screen with the spectacular FaceTime feature.
Finally, the iPhone comes with Siri , a voice-controlled assistant who understands not only what you tell it in plain language, but manages to determine what you want to do and need to use the appropriate application to achieve your purposes. And as a human he is not, Siri voice answers the most natural way. Awesome!
2) What will you find in the box?
- USB / Lightning connection cable : USB jack is used to connect the iPhone charger or to a Mac or PC. The small plug connects Lightning in the iPhone.
- The USB Power Adapter : very compact, it is used to connect the city cable directly into an electrical outlet. Its output voltage is 5 volts, 1 ampere (it is more powerful than the previous iPhone adapter).
- Micro-stereo headphones: useful for listening to music, but also to make calls. We will come back later.
- A product information guide : Actually, it is the legal norms, recommendations on cleaning the car use and recycling of the iPhone.
- A description of the buttons : it is a simple map that shows you where the buttons are and what they do.
- A SIM card ejector: classier than a paper clip bent, it will serve you extract the tiny rack in which you file the necessary nano-SIM. On the inside flap of the envelope on which the tool is attached, a small diagram explains how to use.
- And best of all ... The iPhone 6 himself: we would forget it!
iPhone 6 front 265x300 iPhone Tutorial 6 Introduction
3) The iPhone 6 as payment.
It was the surprise at the presentation of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: these smartphones are equipped with a feature Apple Pay . Technology-based NFC (Near Field Communication, "Near Field Communication") , Apple Pay allows you to pay small everyday purchases approaching the iPhone a payment terminal.
The NFC module can also be used by other systems than Apple. Third-party applications already exist as Kix , developed for the bank BNP Paribas, the Mobile Payment (Société Générale) or Orange Cash . But all such payments are not made via Apple Pay.
4) The iPhone as an iPod
One thing is certain: the iPhone is superior to all iPod Apple has released so far. You can enjoy everything in your iPod: music, audiobooks, audio and video podcasts, music videos, TV shows and movies. The beautiful high resolution screen displays all this with richer, more vibrant colors than any iPod to date.
5) iPhone to communicate via the Internet
That's not all! The iPhone 6 is not only a remarkable phone and a super iPod but also a complete Internet communication tool with a rich HTML email client compatible with most email services POP and IMAP, which supports Exchange ActiveSync , Microsoft. The iPhone is equipped with the browser Safari which greatly facilitates surfing on the Internet.
Other features, the Maps application , based on TomTom maps and has been criticized because it is unfortunately much less efficient than the old application of the same name, based on earlier Google Maps (which you can download free fortunately) . Using his GPS, Maps is able to determine where you are, get directions and even help you avoid a slowdown or a plug. You can also view street maps or maps and satellite photos. Plans also help you find gas stations, car parks, restaurants, hospitals and Apple stores.
You may enjoy Bourse , an application that displays a graph of the current near real-time, anytime and anywhere, and forecasts to see if it will be fine where you are or where you're going. And if you care about your health, the health implementation will be very useful.
6) The technical specifications
Although you do not need a computer to use the iPhone, but is recommended. You can indeed use the iTunes software installed on the computer to perform all the tasks I just mentioned, but on a larger screen, which is much more comfortable than on the iPhone.
All modern computers are capable of running iTunes. But the form, the following technical recommendations:
- A Mac with an Intel Core processor (this is the case for all Mac for a good ten years ago), Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later and iTunes 11.1 or later.
- A PC with an Intel or AMD processor running at least 1 GHz, with 512 KB of RAM and at least 400 MB free hard disk . Windows 8 operating system, Windows 7 or Vista, or for antiques, Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later, and iTunes 11.1 or later.
- An account on iTunes Store . Apple will ask for details of your credit card, but nothing will be debited until you have bought anything on the site.
- The iTunes application is free to download from the site http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/.
In the following article we will discuss the external appearance of the device, but if you're impatient, here's a video that will make your mouth water ...
Author And Editor
Sharing all the related information about Apple based products and stuffs that support them.