The reasons Jay Freeman, aka Saurik updated this amazing tweak is to support the iOS 7 firmware which are used by most of jailbroken devices. As we know that the Evad3rs team released Evasi0n to untethered i0S 7 firmware, after users managed to jailbreak the said firmware they found the unwanted facts that their favorite jailbreak tweaks, one of which is Mobile Substrate are not functioning properly.
That's why Due Tips did the best its can to find the fix for Mobile Substrate issue on iOS 7 and then I published it on this blog as a temporary solution.
And now the said tweak is fully compatible with iOS 7 therefore you are recommended to use Cydia Substrate, instead of Mobile Substrate Fix app that's previously released by iPhone developers to solve the issue.
In this post I will try to guide you through the entire process to install Cydia Substrate on jailbroken iOS 7 device, albeit it's a simple job. But since I love sharing, therefore I share the each step here for anyone interested to follow.
- Untethered jailbreak your iOS 7 firmware first using Evasion iOS 7 jailbreak tool.
- Backup your data.
- Have a fully charged battery.
- Turn your device ON.
- Now open Cydia app -> Changes tab.
- You will see Cydia will make an automatic refresh changes list that are available. You can hit the Refresh button, if it's not refreshing automatically.
- After Cydia is refreshed, find Cydia Substrate. Then tap it to install the app.
- After the installation done. Close the opened Cydia then reboot your device.