This is, like the previous versions do, as a temporary solution to unlock iOS 6.0.1 before the official Ultrasn0w tool is officially released by iPhone dev team for unlock the latest Apple's mobile operating system.
But to be honest if you have not upgraded to iOS 6.0.1 and currently relied on unlocking, it's better to hold yourself! Judging what the iOS offers, it's not worthy enough to change the unlock ability your device's currently having with it.
Perhaps you are asking yourself what iOS 6.0.1 offers for your iPhone? Well here is a list containing the changelog brought by this firmware.
iOS 6.0.1 changelog
- iPhone 5 users reported that are unable to install update wirelessly using OTA, this firmware fix that issue.
- If you experience bunch of horizontal lines that sometime appear across your keyboard, this firmware brings a fix for that.
- If you are currently having trouble to switch off your camera, then update to this firmware may fix it.
- If you own either iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5G, then you will see improvements on reliability when your device is connected to encrypted WPA2 Wifi connections.
- Users also reported they have problem using their iPhone on cellular network, this firmware can fix it too.
- The Passcode lock bug will also be fixed with this firmware version.
The benefit of unlocked iPhone...
Well for those who haven't fully aware the benefit of an unlocked iPhone can give is of course unleashing the technological tie between your phone's hardware and the carrier. For unlocked iPhone, the owner can choose any carrier's network that serves him / her most and fit with its budget. And choosing carrier can be very handy if you are on the area that's not supported with a certain carrier.
Back to main focus, we are going to use a Cydia package namely iParelhos, if you wish to unlock your device. Then read on.
However this Cydia package is currently supporting iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 only, with the following basebands versions:
Once you added the repo URL, then install the official Ultrasn0w, once it's installed then continue to install the Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0.1.
Great! Now you have your iOS 6.0.1 iPhone unlocked and gain wider freedom to use the SIM Card of your wish.